Wednesday 4 February 2015

Drafting and Planning: My improved magazine!

Here's the completed article of my music magazine!



Here they are! I'm so proud of them-they look so cool! I like the theme of black and red running through as well as the gold element too!
I tried my best to obey the conventions and I added much more text into the double page spread.
To improve, in the double page spread, I could mention Little Blue's style of clothing; the contrast between her 'ordinary-ness' of her appearance and the 'extraordinary-ness' of her music. Perhaps she wants to make her music speak for itself rather than her appearance; this also goes against the stereotypical appearance of most female artists; here she's being modest and normal, so it could probably show how she's very relatable to ordinary folk and her music is what's important, not her. By doing this I could mention social groups in my evaluation.
The approach is now more 'carnivalesque' (in a tasteful way I think) and it all very cohesive and holistic with the bold black background of the double page spread complimenting the use of black in the contents page and the subtle use of black behind the main cover line on the front cover. I love how in each photo there's her being normal looking (yet with some attitude) but there's nature surrounding her in a beautiful way, as if the tree in the double page spread was to represent her growing music. I think I'll alter the question "Do you have any other countries in mind" to one about her appearance etc, and the pull quote could be instead "My music is what's important, not me." which could be quite shocking for a famous artist to be so humble; but, come on, the article itself is way to 'pleasant' - She can't be a regular 'drugs', 'sex', 'wild' music artist; I like going against stereotypes sometimes.
I originally didn't want it 'carnivalesque' but now looking at it, I love the drama, dynamic boldness and how it shouts out it's message with no fear! It also shows even more contrast to how 'most' wild, egotistical artists are, and how Little Blue is; she can still be bold, powerful and have impact, but she doesn't need to behave badly for it. Perhaps this could be mentioned in the article too. If so, then I'll remove the 'tour in Japan' question into a chunk of interview about her being different. Yeh, I like that idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment