Sunday 12 October 2014

Drafting and Planning: Investigating More Typography

With the help of my typography investigation post: http://www.daniellepalmermedia.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/drafting-and-planning-investigating.html I searched for different fonts which could fit my rock magazine. I chose to test my two favourite name ideas 'HARK' and 'QUAKE'


























Most magazines use bold, simple fonts and only one or two. So I tried to find simple yet dramatic font, and so far my two favourites have to be 'Narkisim' 'Nyala' and 'Gill Sans MT Condensed' one of them will be the logo, one for the cover lines and one for main body text within the magazine.
But I know there's better fonts out there which I can pursue to find to better embody the strength of these magazine titles! I'm very much leaning on the name HARK, since it's powerful and drives impact through to the audience. In order to bring the title to it's full potential, I must find a font which shows attitude, drama yet must be readable.
I good idea would be to use the features on Photoshop to develop the font once I found one. I could use a tool which squeezes in the individual letters together, pull them up or squash them down. Either way, using multiple effects will be a great aid for to help bring out the real message of HARK and own its target audience!



No comments:

Post a Comment