Thursday 16 October 2014

Organisation of cover star and some Research into Target Audience.

I've had plenty of ideas on my coverstar; I thought of using my sister as the coverstars. Yes, I'll be having two coverstars, and she'll be both! I thought of this idea because it reflects on the plan of the band being reflections of each other-one with black hair, one with lighter hair, one happier than the other etc.
I have a few wigs I could put on my sister and I'll use different types of make-up and she'll pose differently to bring differentiation between the two characters. I'll use a white background when taking the photos so I could Photoshop the images to make it seem as if there's two people in the same shot.

This'll not only be an opportunity to show my skills in photography, but to also show my skills in crafting a physical character and my photoshop skills. I decided to use my sister for both characters because she has a very distinctive face and it'll relate to that NME cover with 'Gorillaz' which I was inspired by; http://daniellepalmermedia.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/research-into-similar-products-genre.html.

It'd be very interesting for the audience too to see two cover stars who look the same but are 'different' people. It could add that sense of mystery which teenagers are attracted to. For example, a group can give the music so many more dimensions and could give the audience more people to be a fan over!

I could do this by taking a photo selection of photos of her, each with two different looks, and then using Photoshop, I'll use the lasso tool to cut her out of one image and place her into another. I'll have to have her in poses which could compliment two people. But this could be a risky idea and may change due to it's complexity. And it may reduce my marks if I use too many photo editing features. But I'll give this idea a shot, and if it doesn't work, then at least it shows development of my ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment