Monday 26 January 2015

Drafting and Planning: Even more Improved Cover!

I improved the front cover in accordance to the feedback from my last post! And here's how it turned out:


I changed the 'PARADOLL'S PINNACLE SINGLE' TO 'PARADOLL'S PINNACLE ALBUM' to sail smoothly with the conventions of a well known, special edition music magazine. I changed '30 biggest gigs' to '100 biggest gigs' so the 100th special would have something to correlate to, and I also reduced the size of the 'Todd Taylor cover line. I also updated it so the magazine is the 'January 2015' issue.
This is most definitely my final version of my front cover! I don't think there's any more I could do to improve it, and it has certainly set the bench-mark for the rest of my pages. It's surprising looking at my journey to get here and the number of developments there's been throughout, but now I've got there! All there is to do left is make sure the contents page and double page spread matches up to the front cover! In order to do this I'll take the black, red, white and gold house style of the front cover and incorporate it throughout the rest of the magazine. I also have to make sure the cover star has the right attitude in the other pages, and if she looks too 'cute' and 'child-like' (like in the double page spread) I can give her a serious facade by the general structure of the page and colours used. Black is great with adding seriousness to something, and is great for tying things together into a whole, so black would be valuable to use for this double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment