Monday 19 January 2015

Drafting and Planning: Improved Double page spread

I've improved my double page spread too! Here's the original (you may not see too much difference):



And here's the improved version:


I not only put in the page numbers and put in the 'gold' theme again for the 100th edition, but I also corrected any typos amongst the article.
As I said in my last post, I feel I'm getting closer to the final product, but not yet still! I'm glad I put in the page numbers and the gold element, but I'm going to experiment with the new layout of separating the image from main body text like how I mentioned in many of my DPS posts. Somehow the layout as it is doesn't look professional enough; the front cover and contents page both have a sense of professionalism about them; the bold colours, the use of red and black and the 'serious' attitude of HARK throughout-this same attitude needs to be adapted in the double page spread too! I'm learning each time I experiment with this, so I'll take this on board and try some more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment