Wednesday 17 December 2014

Drafting and Planning: Contents page draft

I tried out a lay out similar to the layout of the contents page of this post but wrapped the text around the image and included a secondary image too!


I think I just need to figure out which colour would help the main body text stand out without taking the attention away from the main image too much, but other than that, I do like the layout of this double page spread. But one problem could be a lack of space for the main body text. Especially in a monthly magazine, text is vital, and the audience would want to be getting their money's worth! So, I'll experiment with this layout and see if there'd be enough room and if it's cohesive with the rest of the magazine, and if not, then I'll have to make the layout much simpler, perhaps having the image separate from the text so there'd be more room. 
As you can see the above version of the main image is a little more vibrant than the original:


By looking back at the post on editing photos I used the 'exposure' option on photoshop to make the image brighter and brought down the exposure of the white light between the branches. I do love this image since it brings in a lot of attitude from the cover star, but I still want to experiment with my other images to make sure I use the best photos as best I can!
Also, the trees do look a bit dull, so I may edit the vibrancy of the trees on Photoshop to add a bit more substance to the image and to push through the cover star's message; her music speaking for her and her music's whats remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment