Tuesday 30 December 2014

Drafting and Planning: Contents page-another draft!

I'm so happy with this contents page! I put so much effort into it and I think it looks fabulous! I tried to take inspiration from NME and Q contents pages while putting in my own ideas and flairs. I kept in mind it's a 'monthly' magazine and also remembered the charts column on the right! I took some of the inspiration from the last contents page draft:


But here's the new draft!


By looking into a lot of magazines, I noticed when I first try to make this new draft, I made all the text too bold, and most magazines-if not all-use a balance of bold and more delicate fonts, hence the use of Times New Roman under each subheading. I made it more obvious that the numbers on each photo is relating to the page number, and I highlighted the corresponding page numbers within each subsection too to make it more obvious.
You may or may not have noticed that Jordan wasn't originally within the photo with the group of girls in. This is because I hadn't enough room for him in a separate space, so I had the genius idea of using the magic wand to take out the background and shuffled Jordan in at the back with the girl group! I had this idea before from when I originally took the photos, but actually looking at it now, I really like the addition of him in the photo!  I made the secondary photos black and white so I wont they wont take too much attention away from the main image. I even put in a face book and twitter logo as well as the date of the issue faded within the main image! I also think there's much more cohesion within the entire page now with the use of red, white and black!
I'm so very pleased with this contents page but must make sure I make the front cover and double page spread match it when officially making them!
In terms of improvements, I think there's a few grammar mistakes and I just realised there isn't a page number! Most contents pages are page 3, so I'll make sure that I count the pages accurately. I think there is more I could do to it though. It still feels a little incomplete; I think there should be more colour somewhere in the layout to add more substance. But so far it looks brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment