Sunday 14 December 2014

Organisation: Secondary photos

These are secondary images I'll use in my contents page:

These three photos will be of a girl group I'll call 'Paradoll'; I think the name suits the mood of this band, being moody and probably an 'alternative' rock group. They can conform to a gloomy, moody teenage social group which would make them a likable group though they look fairly cynical. Many female rock groups have a sense of strength and broodiness to them, so Paradoll that exactly. I took inspiration for the name Paradoll from the group Paramore, except because this group is of girls, then 'doll' would add more femininity.




These photos can be of a brooding male artist, I don't think I'll use his real name but give him a new identity. The name 'Todd Taylor' could suit him very well, but somehow I think he could be suited within 'Paradoll' very well. If he was to be incorporated into the Paradoll image through Photoshop, it could challenge most gender mixed groups. Most rock groups with a mix of men and women such as Paramore or Evanescence have one woman with a group of men, but in this case it's one man in a group of women. This would add a new dynamic to a rock group yet it doesn't make the guy any less masculine by being in the group of girls, because their attitudes suite each other!



The next few pictures are of an 'Owl City' concert I went to once and I think it'd be great to use for a 'best gigs' article for the contents page. I needed a range of shots, and this wide shot would do brilliantly to show the diversity within the magazine but they all relate in how they all have a sense of gloominess about them.



No comments:

Post a Comment