Tuesday 9 December 2014

Drafting and Planning: Blank background

I tried to see how it'd look if I removed the background from a photo I took,

From this original photo:




It ended up looking like this, as if I bought some massive tree into a photography studio-which so what I waned so I suppose it worked. But I think it looked better as it is, so I just need to make sure the background wont be distracting by making the text stand out as equally as the cover star.

The one problem with the original photo is that it could potentially look like it's part of a gardening magazine if I'm not careful, so whether I use it as part of a double page spread or crop it into a mid shot for the front cover, it needs to show strong musical mise-en-scene. A way I could do this is by using Photoshop to edit the colour of the tree to give it a more 'fantastical' or 'unusual' appeal, and in doing this, it'd further reinforce the idea of her looking ordinary, but her music is what's extra-ordinary.
But what I do know for sure is that I'll leave the 'white background' idea, so the nature filled background would give me more to work with instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment