Wednesday 10 December 2014

Organisation: Group Names for contents page & Drafting and Planning: Publication Plan

Organisation:
In terms of my cover star, I'm thinking of calling her either 'Little Red'n'Blue' or just 'Little Blue' but I need to think of other names for the artists mentioned in the contents page.
Now, I've made up a few on the spot when I done my re-make re-model task, such as 'Paradoll' and 'Aural' as well as 'Thunder Play' and 'Rock Steel' from the Page-Plus post.
I also thought of a selling line 'The Core of Music' which runs well with the message of the magazine being rooted from rock; a style of music which became the 'core' of many other styles since it's become so varied.
A lot of band names can be seen as very random, but most rock groups sound powerful or dark, such as Paramore (which I crafted into the name Paradoll), Queen and Killers. I'll incorporate many of these sorts of names into my secondary groups mentioned.
Since I'll be having a charts list in my contents page, I can't have band names all over the place, so I'll be using some single artiste names. Using alliteration would be a great idea, since many artists use alliteration in their names, like Jessie J or have an unusual name like George Ezra. But since My magazine's a rock magazine, the names have to be some how dark and gloomy or strong and blunt. A name I thought of was 'Todd Taylor' and perhaps I could involve artists from other cultures such as a more Chinese name like 'Haylee-Lin', since in our day and age, the world is so much more connected, and music from other cultures can touch us too!

Drafting and Planning:

PUBLICATION PLAN
FRONT PAGE
· Title/masthead: HARK
· Positioning statement/selling line: THE CORE OF MUSIC
· Frequency of publication: Monthly
· Price: £5.99
· Who will distribute your magazine?: Bauer Media Group (took 'Q' magazine to a greater European market, so it could promote 'HARK' into a broader audience beyond the UK)
· Rationale (what your magazine does – what does it offer?):
Interviews
Gig reviews
News of the latest in the music industry
Q and As
‘Hark Hits’
· Style (who is your target audience?):
Similar to NME, it’s aimed at teenagers (from about 15) to 25 year olds who’re interested in the latest in the music industry, new ways
· Conventions etc:
Left-Third masthead; red and bold to compliment the similar house-style of NME, but
I also love the drama red and black can give; it gives the identity of a music magazine, and the other little details could bridge the gap between the cover star and magazine.
Selling line
Puff, Pug
Main cover line, cover lines and skyline
CONTENTS PAGE
· Feature content:
 Artists such as ‘Little Blue’, Todd Taylor, Paradoll etc
· Regular features:
 ‘The Usual’; Q and As, the best of rock music etc.
· Supporting stories:
 Paradoll, Todd Taylor
· News?
 Bands like ‘Steel Play’, ‘Thunder’ and stories like ‘Music Today’
· Subscription offers?
 ‘Subscribe to our website and get £1.50 off our next issue.’
DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD
· Integration of image, text and graphics: what is your plan?:
Talking to 'Little Blue' about her journey from being a dreamer to living the dream, inspiration she got for her album and how she thinks she'll do in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment