Thursday 18 December 2014

Drafting and Planning: Double Page Spread Article ideas

The article will be a Q and A, and the types of questions asked will obviously link in with the album the coverstar is selling.

The types of questions used could be:

What inspired your album? What fuels your imagination when writing your songs? What's the story behind your main single? and so on.
What I notice about a lot of good interviews, regardless of what it's about, the interviewer often seems to craft the next question out of what the star just said. For example, if my coverstar was to say;

'My album was inspired by my love for nature and story, so I tried to apply my rock'n'roll style in with a storytelling type of album'

the interviewer could say; 'Yes, I heard you spent most of your time sitting in the garden, watching the world go by while writing; does nature craft the person you are inside?

and she could say 'You've done your research! Yeh, I find the beauty of our world something we're always drawing something from, and since I can be such a crazy, get-up-and-go person, I need a place of reflection to calm myself, and I like how that crafts my own mind since it all influences my music. It gives my songs light and shade.'

Actually, that could be a part of the actual article, but anyway, so there the interview took something from what she was talking about and developed it into another question so we can learn more about the artist and her music! But of course the interviewer would occasionally switch to a different topic of question altogether like 'when's the album out?' or something about 'gigs' etc.

What I need to keep in mind is that the coverstar's style is 60's rock with a modern twist, so she has to talk about things which can apply to that genre of music. For example, she wouldn't talk about a thrash metal style of music-that's simply not her! Perhaps the element of nature can suit a more 'indie' rock style, but there are ways which it can be used for rock'n'roll I'm sure. Just as I said, she's a very bubbly, optimistic person but she needs to have some time of calm-and rock'n'roll is a genre of energetic light and shade, her personality fits it.

Check list of things to mention in double page spread article:

  • Mention something on her latest work, for example, any albums coming out, or perhaps mention her single that hit the top of Harks 'Charts list' and how she thought of it.
  • Talk about what generally gives her inspiration for her music and what fuels her imagination in life. 
  • Mention perhaps tours that's she's been involved with and how it went etc.
  • Talk about her appearance and how it impacts her reputation or her work.
  • How she see's her career going in the future.
  • Where she wants her work to go in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment