Wednesday 12 November 2014

Drafting and Planning: Re-Make Re-Model Contents Page and Double Page Spread

I created a double page spread and contents page inspired by NME. I made it as if it was from the same edition as this front cover: http://www.daniellepalmermedia.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/drafting-and-planning-re-make-re-model.html


I took inspiration from the typical layout of the NME contents page.


With the double page spread I had more room to let my creativity flare. I used the same main cover line as my front cover 'READY WORLD?' and included a secondary image not only to add more to the page but to tell a sort of sad story (hence the dim colours and close up to grasp emotion). I used a red background to the text to match the cover star's lipstick and the light blue background to match her eyes (also because most NME double page spreads have a pale background.) I'll definitely use this as a reference for when I do my real magazine cover, contents page and double page spread!

No comments:

Post a Comment