Thursday 13 November 2014

Re-Make Re-Model Feedback: Contents Page and Double Page Spread

My re-make re-model task of my contents page and double page spread was marked by Megan Healy: http://daniellepalmermedia.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/drafting-and-planning-re-make-re-model.html
She said I have used a holistic approach because the font is consistent and there is an artist image on each page-this could also be coherent because there's a link between the images.

She said I have understood how to create a link between my pages and my main cover star story. The fonts are consistent and there's a wide range of images. She said I could use this to create a connection between my draft and real 'NME' magazines and pick out the similarities and differences in order to make mine even better than it is.

In order to improve, she mentioned the background colour of my double page spread being different to the background of the front cover and contents; she said I could make sure next time to make them all the same to make it more consistent.
I took this in mind when I was making the double page spread, but I noticed most NME double page spreads have lighter coloured backgrounds, so I decided to leave the idea of a dark blue background. But I agree that consistency is more important, so next time I'll make sure to use the same house style throughout to make the magazine have greater cohesion.

I will take my re-make re-model task and its overall feedback into account when I create my official magazine front cover, contents page and double page spread. This is all valuable information in order to help me move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment